Q. What job can I do with a Door Supervisor licence?
Test... Read More
A teaching assistant can work at all levels of education
from nursery schools to the colleges. They can also work with children with
additional learning needs. They can also provide support in the general class
The Roles and Responsibilities of a Teaching Assistant
Role of a teaching assistant depends upon the level of Teaching assistant qualification, experience and the need of the specific school you are going to work in.
· Delivering the tailored learning activities made by the teacher, either in small group or one-to-one basis.
· Ensuring the engagement of all students in learning
· Supporting social and emotional development of the students
· Managing challenging behavior creatively.
· Monitoring a student’s progress
· Providing administrative support in the classroom
· Providing support in invigilation
· Being a part of extra-curricular activities
· Higher level of Teaching assistants can also coordinate teaching support.
The entry requirements of being a Teaching Assistant
You don’t need to have a degree to become a Teaching Assistant. But for more senior position you need a certain level of Teaching Assistant qualification. As, professionalism is growing in the field, most of the schools are seeking qualified teaching assistants instead of employing unqualified ones. So, it is good to get a level of teaching assistant qualification by getting a teaching assistant course. There is a few other entry requirements for the course. Those are as follows-
· Literacy and numeracy
· A good educational grounding
Where you can Work after teaching assistant course
After the completion of the teaching assistant course and getting the relevant qualification you can get job in any establishment across the education sector. You can work in nursery school or in college according to you need.