Written Assignment and micro teach.
These qualifications are for those who work, or want to work
as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector, including
those who are not in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching
role, and include Award-size qualifications for those who want a short
qualification to enable them to make career choices.
The content of the
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers in the further education and skills sector, such as:
• The roles, responsibilities, and relationships in education and training
• Inclusive teaching and learning approaches
• Assessment of learners
• Facilitating learning and development for individuals
• Facilitating learning and development in groups
• Understanding principles and practices of assessment
To be eligible for the award in education and training, you need to be over 19 years of age.
After level 3 AET training qualification you can teach in any adult teaching sector such as health industry, Beauty industry, drive instructor, etc. Though officially this qualification is not a necessity, if you want to work as a teacher in post-16 education sectors, you will mostly need it to land a job. Once you complete the AET course, you can go on to take the Level 5 Diploma in Education and training or other higher qualifications in education and training.