Written Assignment and micro teach.
If you are new to the universe of teaching, and if you are planning to build a career here, the AET course is a great initiation for you. This is a Level 3 Award in Education and training. If you want to the DET course further in your career, you must complete the AET course first.
The content of the course
UNIT 1: Roles and responsibilities of a teacher
UNIT 2: Teaching Techniques
UNIT 3: Session Planning
UNIT 4: Motivate the learner
UNIT 5: Assessing the learner
In the five units mentioned above, you will learn the following things in detail:
· The roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in education and training
· Relationship between education and training
· Inclusive teacher approaches to meet the needs of learners
· Principle of assessment in education and training
· How to create a safe and supportive learning environment
· How to motivate learners
· Planning delivery and evolution of inclusive teaching and training
· Different assessment methods
· How to recognize and deal with potential problems
· Teaching equipment and aids
· Practical teaching sessions (Teaching concept and technics)
· At level 3 AET training, you will be required to explain and summarize teaching and learning concept. Level 3 requires end of unit referencing.
To be eligible for the award in education and training, you need to be over 19 years of age. The candidates must have experience or qualification in the subject they wish to teach.
After level 3 AET training qualification you can teach in any adult teaching sector such as health industry, Beauty industry, drive instructor etc. Though officially this qualification is not a necessity, but if you want to work as a teacher in post-16 education sectors, you will mostly need it to land on a job.Once you complete the AET course, you can go on to take the Level 5 Diploma in Education and training or other higher qualifications in education and training.